- Passionate about sharing Rocky Kids ministry vision with Rocky families and in the community
- Able to build a Kids ministry team by inspiring partners to serve on the Rocky Kids team
- Driven to reach kids who do not know Jesus by being relevant and providing an amazing space for them to connect with other kids and leaders
- An advocate for connecting with parents and equipping them to be the leader of their child’s spiritual development
- A proven project manager with strong attention to details and incredible people skills (must be a strong communicator who listens well)
- An essential weekend employee which requires Sunday’s as a work day plus Monday-Thursday office hours (8:30am - 4:30pm)
- Create and set the pace making Rocky Kids the most exciting hour of a kids week through environment and engaging programing
- Communicate weekly with team members (volunteers) making sure they have curriculum, songs and all necessary information pertaining to the upcoming weekend
- Manage Rocky Kids calendar, plan and execute all Children’s Special Events, including leader appreciation, camps, retreats, quarterly family gatherings and other family and/or kid’s special events
- Lead and develop team members (volunteers and Residents) so they can operate out of their strengths and be effective leaders on the Rocky Kids team
- Develop an effective Kids Ministry resource book and training class (held quarterly and required for new team members prior to serving)
- Implement a span of care for Kids Ministry team members (volunteers) including but not limited to:
- Note cards (writing at least 4 per week from each Rocky Kids staff member)
- Birthday cards celebrating team members
- Weekly take team members (volunteers) out for coffee, etc
- Appreciation events for team members
- Interaction with families/parents including but not limited to:
- Develop a monthly “what we are learning” resource for parents that includes family activities that accentuate what kids are learning in Rocky Kids weekly (train, involve, equip)
- Be the primary voice of Rocky Kids performing hospitals visits, pastoral care and especially with first-time guest and incident reports
- Create, film and edit curriculum and videos for age groups
- Prepare/oversee ProPresentor for each kids space
- Meet with Campus Pastor, Rocky Kids staff members to evaluate the past weekend and develop a plan for the upcoming weekend (building value, encouragement and prayer)
- Create a plan with Impact Director’s help to incorporate local and/or global outreach moment in kids weekend services
Department of Labor Job Classification/FLSA: Exempt/Ministerial
Rocky is one church with two locations that desires to know Jesus and love everyone like He does.
We keep ourselves accountable by focusing on the following six irresistible expressions.
- Irresistible Pursuit: We relentlessly pursue a daily relationship with Jesus because Jesus changes everything.
- Irresistible Community: We journey with others beyond the auditorium knowing life happens best in community.
- Irresistible Love: We believe the most loving thing we can do is invite others to see who Jesus is and what He has done for them.
- Irresistible Humility: We serve others because Jesus calls us to contribute not consume.
- Irresistible Compassion: We leverage our influence and resources to bring hope to those who are spiritually, physically, and emotionally poor.
- Irresistible Generosity: We live generously recognizing we are managers and not owners of what God has given us.
Simply put, we are all about Jesus and want to unleash a tidal wave of love in our community and around the globe.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)